Now that you’re application is live and running on the cloud, you can check out the application itself, customize your application by importing existing application data, or start exploring product features to really get a sense of what you can do on the Standing Cloud platform.
Viewing and using your application
To start using your application, click the green “Go” button to launch in a new window. Use the Username and Initial passwords to log in to the application, and access administration features.
Load existing data into your application
Have you used this application before? You can load data from an existing database or file, and see how it works on the Standing Cloud platform.
You’ll need your System username and System password.
To load your database using terminal
1. Click the “Actions” label, and select “Launch terminal.”
2. Override your new applications’s default data with your existing data:
mysql --user='<<user_name>>' --password='<<your_password>>' --database='<<db_name>>' --execute='DROP DATABASE <<db_name>>; CREATE DATABASE <<db_name>>;'
mysql --user='<<user_name>>' --password='<<your_password>>' --database='<<db_name>>' < backupfile.sql
Where <<user_name>>, <<db_name>> is your System username, <<your_password>> is your System password.
To load your own database using a database administration tool (phpMyAdmin)
To use a administration tool for your database, your application needs to be a fully hosted version. Check to make sure your application is hosted (not a test drive); if you need to move your app from test drive to hosted, it’s easy - see our instructions below.
Install phpMyAdmin on your application’s server:
1. From the My Applications page, click “Install new” hosted application.
2. Select phpMyAdmin from the applications list, click “Next- step 2”
3. Expand the “Select your server” option.
4. Choose “Use my existing server” and select your existing application server (the application and server containing the database you want to swap).
5. Click “Finish - step 3,” confirm your selections and “Install.”
Override your new application’s database with your own data:
1. Click the green “Go” button under phpMyAdmin to launch it in a new window.
2. Enter the Username and Initial password for your base application (the database you want to override)
3. phpMyAdmin will connect to your application’s database.
4. Click the “import” tab in phpMyAdmin.
5. Browse to your existing database file, leave the remaining options set to the defaults, and click “ok.” You’re ready to go.
Moving from a test drive to a fully hosted version
When you're ready, you can move your account from test drive to hosted with just a few clicks - using the same data and any customizations you've made, so your hosted version works just like your test drive.
To host an application you have been test driving, click "Host application" from the "Actions" menu. Moving your application from test drive to hosted allows you to customize your setup with new features; the price for hosting your application will display as you make your selections. Before installation, you'll be prompted to enter your billing information (if you have not entered it previously), and confirm your selections before installation.